Jerry Shkavritko / JS Podcast
Exchange of Value
Welcome to JS Podcast, the show where we dive deep into the minds of local leaders and business owners to extract the gems of wisdom that have propelled them to success. Join us as we embark on a journey to uncover the stories, strategies, and insights that have shaped the lives and careers of our guests.
Ideally the guest will come in for an in-person interview style podcast, filmed on location in Matthews, NC. In case of distance, we do film remote sessions. The sessions are filmed at various days/hours that best suit the interviewee and host. The session is between 1 to 3 hours depending on interviewee’s availability and flow of the conversation.
This is a good platform for local business owners and community leaders to give back to the next generation through life experiences acquired along the way. In exchange the interviewees get exposure to their businesses/organizations.
Typical Questions Asked
In a typical interview, the interviewee will be asked questions related about life & business. Here is a sample set of some questions:
- What career advice do you wish you had received when you were 16 – 18 years old?
This question can provide insights into potential pitfalls and opportunities that the person may have encountered in their career.
- How did you navigate challenges and setbacks in your career and personal life?
Understanding how others have overcome obstacles can offer valuable lessons for dealing with challenges you may face.
- What role has continuous learning played in your success?
Learning is a lifelong process. Understanding how others have approached learning and skill development can inform your own approach to education and personal growth.
- What do you consider to be the most important factors in achieving a work-life balance?
Balancing career and personal life is crucial for long-term happiness and well-being. Gathering insights on how others have managed this balance can be beneficial.
- How did you discover your passion or calling in life?
Exploring how others found their passion may provide you with ideas and inspiration for discovering your own interests and purpose.
- What financial advice would you give to someone starting their career?
Financial literacy is essential. Understanding how others have managed their finances can help you make informed decisions about saving, investing, and budgeting.
- How did you build and maintain meaningful relationships throughout your life?
Relationships are key to a fulfilling life. Learning about how others have nurtured connections with friends, family, and colleagues can provide valuable insights.
- If you could go back and change one thing in your life, what would it be?
This question encourages reflection on personal experiences and can offer wisdom about potential regrets and the importance of certain choices.
- How do you stay motivated and focused on your goals over the long term?
Maintaining motivation is a common challenge. Hearing how others have stayed committed to their goals can provide strategies for your own journey.
- What advice do you have for someone entering the workforce today?
The professional landscape is always evolving. Insights from those who have navigated the workforce for several decades can help you understand what to expect and how to succeed.
- What life lessons have had the most significant impact on you?
This question can provide valuable insights into the person’s core values and the experiences that shaped them.
- How do you handle stress and maintain mental well-being?
Understanding coping mechanisms and strategies for maintaining mental health can be beneficial for your own self-care.
- What habits or routines contribute most to your daily success and happiness?
Discovering positive habits that have contributed to someone else’s well-being can offer ideas for self-improvement.
- How have your priorities and goals evolved over time?
People’s priorities often change as they go through life. Learning about these changes can help you reflect on your own values and aspirations.
- What advice do you have for building strong and lasting relationships?
Relationships are a crucial aspect of life. Hearing about others’ experiences can provide guidance on fostering meaningful connections.
- How do you approach decision-making and deal with uncertainty?
Decision-making is a skill that develops with experience. Understanding how others navigate uncertainty can help you develop your decision-making abilities.
- What books, podcasts, or other resources have had a significant impact on your life?
Learning about influential resources can be a great way to discover new perspectives and ideas for personal and intellectual growth.
- How do you stay curious and continue to learn as you age?
Lifelong learning is important. Hearing how others maintain a curious mindset can inspire your own commitment to intellectual exploration.
- What do you consider the key ingredients for a fulfilling and meaningful life?
This question can help you identify and prioritize aspects of life that are likely to contribute to your overall well-being and satisfaction.
- If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
This reflective question often elicits wisdom gained through experience and can provide valuable insights for your own journey.
In addition to the above questions, depending on the interviewee’s vocation, more specific questions about the vocation will be asked.
Please fill out the form below to help facilitate exchange of information.